Q: I've done a lot of changes in the store. Will I lose it after theme update?
A: What do you mean?
If you mean, I edit store via Magento Admin panel ( add products / add categories / configure Magento or theme options / edit CMS blocks or pages). It's OK. All these changes saves to database, theme update doesn't change database.
If you mean, I edit theme's source files. You have to reapply all changes after theme update.
I recommend update theme in next way:
1) Make fresh backup of your store
2) Download, unzip and upload latest theme files
3) Reapply custom changes (if any)
P.S. It's up to you how to modify theme files. What tools to use to track changes.
From our side we do all what we can to make update easy:
1) Our theme created as separate design package. You can use Magento's Theme Hierarchy to keep your changes in separate subtheme to make it easier to maintain and more “upgrade proof.” Read more details here - http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledg ... -hierarchy
2) Theme package includes SVN DIFF files. Where you can see detailed change log. What files where modified, what row where deleted, what rows were added.
Ask your pre-sale question here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: JedXie and 2 guests