Menu Capability

Ask your pre-sale question here.
bddev

Menu Capability

Postby bddev » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Hello,
We are interested in the Coolbaby theme for Shopify. Can the menus work in such a way that once a selection is made off the mega menu the collections and sub collections appear on the left navigation (when within a collection). I saw in one of the examples that there were Collections showing on the left navigation. Would we have control over those collections that are shown? Like can we define what shows on the left when a specific collection is being shown?

Any additional information / documentation on menus would be very helpful.

Few other questions:
1. How advanced can the filtering be?

2. Does your development team provide customization for specific features we are interested in?

3. We run several shopify apps - are any known to cause slowness or issue with the theme?

Thank you,
Erin

andrew

Re: Menu Capability

Postby andrew » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:59 am

Hello, Erin.

Thank you for the interest to our theme.
Referring your questions,

3) >>We run several shopify apps - are any known to cause slowness or issue with the theme? >>
Our theme is a bit slow. Too many js that slows our perfomance. Also i can't say how it will be compatible with other apps. I would rather reccomend you our newest best fastest shopify theme Yourstore - http://themeforest.net/item/yourstore-s ... e/15812829 It is better comparing with Coolbaby.

2) Yes we can provide customization service. Our rate is $15/hour. Please, let me know the details and we will ame general estimate.

1) We are operating in the measures of basic shopify functionality. You can review our demo - https://yourstore-default.myshopify.com ... ns/women-s

Not sure that understood your requirement about menu. Can you show the example somewhere. thank you.

Best regards,
support team

Best regards,
support team

bddev

Postby bddev » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:49 am

Hello,

Thank you so much for your reply. Sorry, I didn't see it until now. I saw the Your Shopify theme after I wrote and I do think that would be better for us. I can just purchase it and see how it works, but wanted to ask -

1. Can we change different premade layouts whenever we want with this theme?
2. Can the mega menu be used for some collections and not others?
3. Can everything be done from Shopify back end or do sliders have to added in the code? (I saw that on Coolbaby - not ideal for us. Maybe this is something that can be customized?)

In terms of the navigation, if you can set up a list like this example: https://yourstore-default.myshopify.com ... ions/men-s
I think it will work. Can the list on the left have multiple levels as well? How are these set up, from a Link List?

I am attaching of the theme we customized (and ultimately could not use bc it was too slow when it went live). I am wondering if we could create a list of all the modifications we'd like to make to the Your SHopify theme - typography, buttons, spacing, look of the mega menu results etc and hire you to get the theme as similar in look as possible to the attached examples? I can provide access to our backend if that would be helpful for review. I would just need an email address. Is your team also available to install apps in conjunction with the theme?

You can see the apps we run now on http://www.burkedecor.com, if you can let us know if there is cause for concern on your theme, would be very helpful.

Thank you,
erin
Burkedecor.com
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 3.44.55 PM.png
Collection Typography and Buttons
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 3.44.55 PM.png (280.51 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 3.43.41 PM.png
Font and Spacing off Megamenu
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 3.43.41 PM.png (449.94 KiB) Viewed 1503 times
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 3.44.55 PM.png
Font and Spacing off Megamenu
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 3.44.55 PM.png (280.51 KiB) Viewed 1503 times

bddev

Postby bddev » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:30 am

Hi,
I just downloaded the theme and looked more closely... the concern I have is the side bar. We sort of need the ability to show a different side bar for every link off the mega menus. Is this possible? It looks like it is just set up as a filter currently and that it would be the same for all the collections?

I see here - each list is unique (one for Men's and one for Women's - but how do you set those up?) https://yourstore-default.myshopify.com ... ions/men-s

Ultimately we need a navigation / side bar that functions (or has the same features) as this: https://www.net-a-porter.com/us/en/d/Sh ... &pscroll=0
We also would like to see if you can assist us with making modifications to match this aesthetic (make our Shopify store look as close to this as possible - asside from the home page).

I also got this message when I went to upload the theme. I was trying to use the whole zip file.
zip does not contain a valid theme: missing template "layout/theme.liquid", missing template "templates/index.liquid", missing template "templates/collection.liquid", missing template "templates/product.liquid", missing template "templates/page.liquid", missing template "templates/cart.liquid", and missing template "templates/blog.liquid"

I then just uploaded this file: Yourstore-V1-4-2 and it seems to be fine. Just want to make sure that is the correct .zip to upload.

Thank you,
erin

andrew

Postby andrew » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:50 pm

Hello, Erin.

Thank you for your purchase.
Unfortunately i'm not a technician and can't answer your technical questions (i'm sales manager).
The only place where you can get help from our developer, is correspondent topic on our support forum - viewforum.php?f=59 Please, submit your issues there. Our support stuff will be glad to answer your questions.
So, lets devide your requests in 2 sections -
1) Technical questions should be submitted on the forum. I think installation problems is general issue support which should be processed in the measures of FREE regular support package. Yourquestions about menu also can be resolved by our developer in regular manner.
2) all Customization requests should be estimated by mail - etheme2@gmail.com
I hope i was clear. Sory for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Andrew

bocarb

Postby bocarb » Thu May 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Hello I have purchased the yourstore theme, but I am having issues with the collections. When I try to add a product to a specific collection it only shows me the homepage collection

andrew

Postby andrew » Sun May 06, 2018 10:52 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your purchase. This is not presale question. Please, add it in correspondent section -
viewforum.php?f=59 Our developer will reply there.

Best regards

Return to “Pre-Sale questions”